~ Software Engineering Student at BAU_
~/2013 # Built custom Linux boxes (mostly embedded). First one was for interactive touch screens and based on Slackware _
~/2015 # Later I built a info-screen system for university which I'm studying and for a college from ground up. Including authentication and tablet apps for it _
In years 2014 and 2015, I joined electric powered car teams then raced aganist other universities. Whilist building telemetry and communication protocols I also wrote cars' software for energy management and remote control.
Within Mechatronics club, I involved making first ever Drone Race between universities in country 2 times. From 2014 to 2016 I worked at R&D startup within university. Built comms and firmware for IoT wifi plug.
tar cvf work.tar ~/projects
In March 2016 started internship in Lostar information security company. Besides using tools for pentesting such as nmap also involved in software projects which were including PHP, NodeJS, Python and Java. Ended at the end of July same year.
Open source is my standing point, what I believe, my point of view. So I contributed to these projects:
- Homebrew, package manager for OSX:
- dvtm: dynamic virtual terminal manager, tiling wm:
- - fix compiling problems on OSX 10.10 and above.
- Slax, a Linux distro for thumb drives:
- Pardus, Linux distro of Turkish Republic:
- couple translations and package installation scripts fixed. Unfortunately project discontinued on late 2013.
- Conversion of some Debian packages and compiling/integrating infra-red touch screen drivers.
- 2bwm, 2B window manager for *nix systems:
- contributed to ideas behind project (on IRC), submitted few lines of code to maintainer.
- In 2014 helped Istanbul Hackerspace to spread open source and free-software ideas, been part of 'Linux Days' which is hosted in my university. Helped around 50 people to install and run various Linux distributions, gave support for some time.
- Submitted vulnerability bug report to Google's goo.gl URL shortening service. Althrough it was information level risk.
- Built website for TEDx Bahcesehir University, for 2016 and 2017 events.
- dwa012/html5-qrcode, js qrcode scanner library: fixed small bug related to submodules.
- Built and ran system for 6 months in my high school using custom built Linux kernel and Slackware based user-space for Interactive screens, which were taking record of lectures then mailing questions and their solutions to students automatically.
- When I was at high school, I joined a team who modded Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, and contributed to alterIWnet and FourDeltaOne projects in spare time. (testing and bugfixing etc.)